Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Homemade Fish Tacos; an unknown DH specialty

There are few things more comforting than coming home to a home-cooked meal.
I was out all day Sunday but before I left, I joked to DH "be sure to have dinner ready when I get home!" Little did I know he'd actually take me up on it...
Sure enough I arrived home late Sunday night, hungry and tired, to all the fixings for homemade fish tacos.
DH quickly fried up the tilapia slices upon my arrival to ensure the freshest fish possible.
The verdict? These fish tacos might be the best I've ever tasted...well, definitely the best homemade fish tacos. Ricky's fish tacos in Silverlake, Ca still holds the crown (in the states anyway). But DH's fish was perfectly cooked; the crux of any great fish taco. The tacos paired perfectly with the crisp Sauvignon Blanc from Bluxome Street Winery, the new urban winery on Bluxome Street in San Francisco.
Apparently fish tacos are one of DH's specialties but this was the first time I'd tried them.
Another specialty of his?...rice pudding! Its good to feel completely spoiled every now and again. Thanks, DH!

No comments:

Post a Comment